Renewal of Intellectual Disability Waivers July 1, 2012
Renewal of Intellectual Disability Waivers, Effective July 1, 2012
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) approved the ODP five year Waiver Renewals for the Consolidated and Person/Family Directed Support Waivers on May 24, 2012. The approved Waiver Renewals are effective July 1, 2012.
Please be alert as ODP will issue future communications regarding Waiver Renewal implementation activities.
Renewal of ID Waivers July 1, 2012 Courses:
Renewal of ID Waivers July 1, 2012 – Overview Webcast
This webcast is designed to provide a high-level overview of the changes that have occurred and will be implemented as a result of the approved Renewals of the Consolidated and P/FDS Waivers.
ISP Review Checklist
This course containing 4 lessons outlines the purpose and use of the revised ISP Review Checklist (formerly known as the AE ISP Checklist).
Reserved Capacity Update 2013 Webcast
The revised webcasts in this course include updates to previously-released information on Reserved Capacity for hospital/rehabilitation care that resulted from Amendments to the Person/Family Directed Supports (P/FDS) Waiver and clarification of Fair Hearing timelines and procedures for AE staff. In addition, the new material includes other clarifications throughout both webcasts.
ISP Manual 2012 Update Webcast
This course containing five (5) lessons provides updated information about the Individual Support Plan (ISP) Manual, as a result of the approved Renewals of the Consolidated and P/FDS Waivers.
- Individual Support Plan Manual 2012 Update Announcement #095-12
ISP Manual Replacement Page Informational Packet #099-12
- ISP Manual Replacement Page Informational Memo #005-13
Renewal of ID Waivers July 1, 2012 Resources:
Consolidated and Person/Family Directed Support Waivers (P/FDS):
- Approved Consolidated Waiver Renewal
- Approved Person/Family Directed Support Waiver Renewal
- Approved ODP Waiver Renewal Announcement #052-12
- ISP Review Checklist Course Announcement #021-13
- Waiver Amendments Submitted to CMS Announcement #034-13
NOTE: There are changes in the way the waiver application will display some information in the approved renewals. Due to the web-based application character limitation some required information from various sections of the waiver are included in the designated overflow section of the waiver. This information can be found in the Main Module section of the waivers titled “Additional Needed Information (Optional)” which is located immediately before Appendix A.
More information on the approved Consolidated and P/FDS Waivers effective July 1, 2012 can be found on the DPW Website (www.dpw.state.pa.us): Learn About DPW > Waiver Information > Consolidated Waiver for Individuals with an Intellectual Disability or Person/Family Directed Support Waiver.
- Chapter 51 Home and Community-Based Services Regulations
ODP Regulations Update Announcement #049-12
- Approval of Residential Services Locations and Program Capacity Informational Packet #055-12
- ISP Development Process Informational Memo #056-12
- Renewal of ID Waivers Webcast Announcement #057-12
- Request for Exception to Service Limits or Units Informational Packet #067-12
- Vacancy Exception Request Form
- Provider Qualification Revisions Informational Memo #068-12
- SCO Annual Qualification Changes Announcement #072-12